Friday, January 30, 2009

This is what happened when u have nothing to do

I have been an NBA maniac since I was 11. I still remember the day that was. It was the week when my dad installed the old Mega TV in our home. I woke up early in the morning and changed the channel to ESPN and what do u know..the NBA was on air live!! I was pretty hyped because it would be the first NBA game I ever gonna watch. Ive heard about the great Micheal Jordan but never really got any details into it so to see him live was exciting as hell. I still remember the game..the Bulls vs the Suns..Jordan scored 33pts..Barkley got 36..and Phoenix won 102-96. That day was the start of an amazing NBA journey for me. For a few years after that, I woke up early every Saturday, even sometime skipped school on Friday just to catch the game live. Thinking back, Ive spent countless hours in the internet just to study the game, to know all about the best players and teams..and finally got into the game myself. Back in the day it was very hard to find a basketball court around my neighborhood. I end up asking (forcing really) my mom to take me into a club at Melawati just to play basketball. Heh..the picture of me and my brother slugging with those Chinese framed still in my mind. Me and my brother were like aliens there. We knew nobody but our determination and passion for the game overcame everything (poyo ehhh...!!!). Nowadays, if u come to a court without knowing anybody, u have to be darn good to play ball. That wasnt the case years ago. Anybody can play although the priority goes to the person with a basketball...and a pair of nike shoes hehe..

For me, Micheal Jordan is the best basketball player ever. Ive been into basketball for 13 years now and nobody even come close to do what he had done. I fell in love with him the first day I saw him. That beautiful fadeway jump shot, arcing high into the net, those twist and turn in the air, THAT dunk, all of those buzzer beaters..it was like in basketball haven. I couldnt believe it when I saw the news that 'His Airness' will leave the game forever by then end of the 97/98 season. He was simply the greatest basketball player ever graced the court bar none. He had won everything basketball have to offer..olympic gold medal, NBA titles, MVP, defensive player of the year, NBA first team..everything. Its very rare today to see a player as complete as he was. His will to win was extraordinary. I have lost count 0n how many legendary game Jordan have performed in his career. There were too many great moments. Nobody will ever provide the fans with such exhiliration and excitement. Truly Mike, the basketball world really have missed ur magic.

No comments: