Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Outplayed..outworked..outsmarted..the story of Arsenal Champions League Semis.

I have thought that it would end this way. Too many games. Too many lost to endure. I can almost smell defeats when they came sniffing around the corner. As optimistic as I tried to be, deep inside I cant help but preparing myself for the inevitable. Maybe 10% in me hoped that the team can prove me wrong but in the end they proved my doubt right. Arsenal and Man Utd are several class apart. It hurt me to say it but we were dominantly overwhelmed by the devils last nite. I have to say that last nite, Man Utd looked like a European Champion. Defensively superb, offensively outstanding, they were perfect. They said Walcott is having a great season, but Evra didnt let him have a single kick what so ever. They said Arsenal are the best passing team in the league? Well put 3 hardworking but skillful midfielders out and they easily stuffed the air out of Fabregas and co. The less said about Adebayor is better. The guy was simply clueless against Ferdinand and Vidic. See how Vidic handle him? Perfectly timed challenges combined with such elegance completely neutralized the Togo man. And as much as I hate the Moan King Ronaldo, I admit that hes one hell of a player. Hes maybe one of the laziest winger around, but as a forward, where tracking back is not necessary, he was excellent. Toure and Djourou couldnt cope with his movement, pace and power last nite. And lastly, to Alex Ferguson. For once, I took my hat off and bow to you. Last nite you showed the world how tactically great you are. You completely outwitted Arsene with your sound judgment on how the game would turn out. For one nite at least, you are the best football manager in the world. Kudos.

Now lets get back to Arsenal. Im not saying that Arsene's a dud, but he made so, so many mistakes with his judgment last nite. Why the fuck did he send us out flying gung-ho rite at the get go????? We were only down 1-0 for fuck sake!!! Take your time bastard!! Think Liverpool for instance. They were down 3-1 (THREE) but did they started the second leg all out attacking?? Hell no!! Urghh it hurt me thinking about it. Secondly. Adebayor was having a fucking bad season. Get your balls and drop him once Arsene. Remember, we beat Man Utd in the league by playing Bendtner, not Adebayor. The guy was given a total 180minute of humiliation by Ferdinand and Vidic. Thirdly. After 20 minutes you can see what Man Utd were doing. Ronaldo was all over the place picking up spaces and emptying few more. Why or why dear ol Arsene, dont you do anything about it? I was screaming at the telly "STAY IN FRONT OF THE BACK FOUR FUCKER!!! DONT LET RONALDO ALONE IN THERE!! FUCKKKK!!" Sadly, i was the only one screaming. I was hoping to see Arsene get his arse up and screamed at Song to do that but no..he prefer to warmed his tushie up on the bench. Fuck Arsene..you and your lovely kids destroyed my heart last nite. I was crushed. It was infact the biggest game of the season. And we got turned over emphatically in front of our own crowd. It was the worst defeat I have endured in my 12 year Arsenal career...

Im taking a break from football from now on. Good luck Arsenal. Oh rite,,you have to play Chelsea next. Then Man Utd again. You gonna need more than luck for that.

No comments: